I’m dreaming up a set of statements to guide my life and our family life.
I would love feedback.
I’m picturing an art project to post what matters to us.
This is a work in progress and I know I’m missing something.
Here goes …
- Love Fiercely. Love wins.
- Smile. You are beautiful.
- Have fun. Enjoy the ride.
- Manners matter. Say please and thank you.
- Stick to what’s important.
- Trust your instincts. If it doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t.
- If you say “yes,” mean it. It’s okay to say “no.”
- Practice compassion. Be kind.
- Give thanks.
- Go above and beyond.
- Think win-win.
- Be present.
- Hold your hand out to life.
- Explore the world.
- Seek to understand.
- Say you are sorry.
- Create something. Every day.
- Exercise your body.
- Eat well.
- Help others, each other, and yourself.
- Know what you want and go after it. Communicate your needs.
- Stand for what your heart sings. Be you.
- Be open to change.
- Appreciate the moments, the everyday.
- Learn from your mistakes.
- Always remember: We take care of each other.
What do you think? Anything suggestions for additions/subtractions or word changes?
Cheers to living!